Gmail is the most used email client worldwide. Gmail is easy to use email client. It gives you 15GB of storage and can be accessed on a variety of devices. Now let us look at how to create a group in Gmail.
Gmail has changed its group name to Label. In their current design, you will not see anything like create a group but create a label instead.
Last week I needed to send the same copy of a mail to some people in my contact list. I wasn’t happy about the idea of entering the emails of these people one by one. Also, I will be sending these people from time to time. So, I took my time to search for different alternatives that will make my task more efficient and straightforward. That is when I came across this method on how to create a group or Label in Gmail.
If you are also facing the same challenge or similar, you need to create a label or create a group in Gmail, then follow along.
How to Create A Label or Group in Gmail
- Open and sign in to your Google account by entering your email and password. If you have a Two-factor authenticator enabled, then verify.
- Click on Google App Icon (the dotted icon located at the top right corner that comes before your profile picture).
- From the list of google apps in the dropdown list, search and click on Contacts.
- This will display all contacts you have on your google account.
- At the left sidebar, look for Labels and click on Create label.
- A box will appear, type in the name of your group and click save.
How to Add A Contact to a Label in Gmail
Now that you have created your Label or group. You can follow these steps to add contacts to a label or Group in Gmail.
- From your contact list, look for and check all the contacts you want to add to your group.
- Click on Manage labels at the top of Google’s contact app (the third icon in the icons below the search bar).
- A list of list groups will appear; choose the group name to add those contacts.
- Click Apply.
You can also add a single contact to a group by following the steps below.
- At the right end of a contact, you will see three icons. Click on the last one that says more actions when you hover on it.
- You will see your groups below the pop-up menu, select your preferred group and click on apply.
How to Remove a Contact From Gmail Group
Follow the steps provided below to remove a contact from your group.
- In your Google Contacts, click on the name of the group on the right sidebar.
- At the right end of the contact you want to remove, you will see three icons. Click on the last one that says more actions when you hover on it.
- You will see your groups below the pop-up menu, select remove from Label.
- The contact will be removed from the Label successfully.
How to Send An Email to A Label or Group in Gmail
Now I know you have your group created with the contacts you want to send an email to, but make sure your contacts have email addresses attached to them.
Follow the steps below to send an email to a group in Gmail quickly.
- Click on Compose
- At To (where you type the recipient address), start typing the group’s name or Label and select it from the dropdown list. The email addresses of the contacts in the list will be automatically added to the recipients.
- Continue with the subject and message and send.
Thank you for reading, if you have any question post it in the comment box and don’t forget to share to friends and family. Please let me know if it helps.