TikTok has captivated millions of users with its endless scroll of short, entertaining videos. But did you know you can actually make money on the platform? From TikTok’s Creator Fund to sponsored content deals, influencers are tapping into serious earning potential.
So do TikTokers really get paid? And just how much money can you make on TikTok anyway? This guide will walk you through all the ways to earn as a creator on one of the world’s fastest-growing apps.
In this Article:
How Much Does TikTok Pay Creators?
The short answer—yes, you can absolutely make money on TikTok. But how much depends on several factors, like your follower count, engagement levels, and whether you join TikTok’s monetization programs.
Here’s an overview of payouts for top TikTok money-making avenues:
- TikTok Creator Fund: Pays creators $0.02 – $0.04 per 1,000 video views
- TikTok LIVE: Earn TikTok coins from viewers that convert to cash
- Sponsored content: Rates vary, but top creators can earn over $100k per post
- TikTok Shop: Earn commissions selling products directly through the app
So while amounts vary widely, it is possible to turn TikTok into a nice little side income or even a full-time gig. Now let’s dive deeper into TikTok’s payment programs and other money-making tactics.
Official TikTok Money-Making Programs
Beyond its billions of daily views, TikTok actually offers creators a few ways to earn money directly through the app.
TikTok Creator Fund
TikTok launched this fund in 2020 to pay users a set amount per video view. To qualify, you need:
- 10k+ followers
- 100k+ 30-day video views
- Post regularly per guidelines
Payouts reportedly range from $0.02 – $0.04 per 1,000 views. So at the high end, 1 million TikTok views could net you around $40. Not a ton, but not bad for a hobby!
Although, there is a rumor that says TilTok will be replacing its creator’s fund with a different program.
TikTok LIVE allows you to “go live” and engage with viewers in real-time. Enabling LIVE gifts lets fans support you by sending virtual gifts, which convert into cash.
Gifts range from a few cents to over $100! So you can rack up substantial earnings if you develop a consistent viewer base for your LIVE streams.
How Much Do Top TikTok Creators Make?
While TikTok’s Creator Fund provides a base level income, most top-earning TikTokers make big bucks from sponsored content, affiliate marketing, and other monetization strategies.
To give you an idea, here are estimated earnings for some of TikTok’s highest paid stars:
- Charli D’Amelio: $105,770 per sponsored post
- Bella Poarch: $66,829 per sponsored post
- Addison Rae: $85,000 – $150,000 per month
These amounts are definitely not typical — Charli alone has over 146 million followers! But it illustrates the massive earning potential for standout creators.
Now let’s look at some of the tactics that get influencers those big paydays.
6 Ways to Make Money on TikTok
- Get sponsored by brands Sponsored content earns big bucks for top creators. Brands pay to have you promote their products in TikTok posts. Rates vary based on followers and engagement.
- Use affiliate links Share links to products you love and earn commissions when followers purchase through your links.
- Sell merchandise Design branded apparel and products to sell to your loyal followers.
- Promote your services Showcase your skills and business through engaging TikTok content. Add website/contact info so viewers can hire you.
- Go Live As we covered earlier, LIVE streams let you earn gifts from viewers that convert into cash.
- Sell products in TikTok Shop Earn commissions on products you sell directly through the TikTok Shop feature.
The key is getting creative with how you can monetize your unique talents, persona, and audience on TikTok.
7 Tips for Making Money on TikTok
If you want to turn TikTok into a money maker, here are some top tips:
- Post consistently – Regularly uploading content keeps your channel thriving and visible.
- Engage with your audience – Reply to comments, ask questions in captions, go Live. Building relationships leads to loyal followers.
- Find your niche – Establish an area of expertise to focus your content around. This helps attract sponsors and partners within your niche.
- Use relevant hashtags – Insert popular hashtags related to your niche to get discovered by new viewers.
- Partner selectively – Carefully vet brands before accepting partnerships to ensure ethics and content align.
- Diversify income streams – Don’t rely solely on TikTok. Use it as a launch pad to guide fans to other monetized channels.
- Track analytics – View engagement metrics to fine-tune your approach and demonstrate value to potential partners.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does TikTok pay per 1,000 views?
Per the TikTok Creator Fund, creators typically earn $0.02 – $0.04 per 1,000 video views. So 1 million views could net you around $20 – $40.
How many views do I need on TikTok to get paid?
To qualify for the TikTok Creator Fund, you need at least 100,000 views in the past 30 days. Brand sponsorships typically require an established audience of thousands to millions.
How much money do top TikTokers make per post?
Very top creators like Charli D’Amelio and Bella Poarch can earn over $100,000 for a single sponsored post. But most influencers make a few hundred to a few thousand per ad.
As TikTok continues its meteoric rise, the earning potential for standout creators also keeps growing. While compensation varies based on audience size and engagement, the platform offers plenty of ways to start making money.
By leveraging TikTok’s Creator Fund, branded content deals, LIVE gifts and other tools, you can begin to earn a stable income from your channel. Just focus on posting quality videos consistently, engaging with your community, and finding fun ways to share your passion on TikTok.
So start getting creative and watch those TikTok dollars start rolling in!