In this article, we will discuss ways you can block emails on iCloud. If you have received an email from an email address and want to block that email address, then this is the perfect article for you. Unlike Gmail users or other email platforms, blocking an email on iCloud is kind of confusing because it uses its own term. After carefully following the procedures below, you will now find it easy to prevent others from sending you messages on iCloud and permanently block them.
The simplest way to block an email on iCloud is to add a rule that sends emails received from that address to trash.
Steps to block emails on iCloud
- Go to https://icloud.com.
- Sign in to your iCloud account using your apple id or email address and password.
- Click on Mail.
- Click on the gear icon (settings icon) located at the bottom left corner of the page.
- Click on Rules from the message that will appear.
- Click on Add a rule link.
- Add a first field which is below the text if a message, select Is from and type the email address you want to block at the field below it.
- Belowthe text Then, select Move to trash.
- Click on Done.
- Click on Done again to save your rule.
How to block an email address on iPad, iPhone or iPod
- Go to Settings on your device and tap on Mail.
- Scroll down and tap on Block sender options under the Threading category.
- Tarpon Move to trash.
- Now open any email message from the sender you want to block or the email address you want to block.
- Tap on the sender’s address.
- Tap on Block this Contact.
- Confirm by tapping on Block this contact again.
- Now all messages received from the blocked email will go straight to your email trash box.
Why you should Block an Email on iCloud
You may have your own reasons for blocking someone on iCloud. These are some of the reasons why you should block someone on iCloud.
- A specific email address that you don’t want to receive an email from.
- Spammers who send unwanted messages.
- And your own reason.
What happens when I block email on Cloud
When you block an email on iCloud, messages sent from the email address will go straight to your trash box. This means email messages received from blocked addresses will be deleted automatically.