TikTok has become one of the most popular social media apps, with over 1 billion active monthly users. However, many TikTok users have encountered the frustrating “Unable to Authorize” error when trying to log in or sign up using their Apple ID.
This authorization issue prevents access to TikTok accounts and can be very annoying to deal with. Thankfully, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve the TikTok authorization failure and successfully access your account again.
In this Article:
What Does The “Unable To Authorize” Error Mean?
When attempting to log into TikTok using your Apple ID, an authorization request is sent to Apple’s servers to verify your credentials. If this verification fails, TikTok displays the “Unable to Authorize” error message.
This means that TikTok was unable to communicate with Apple to confirm your Apple ID and authorize your account access. There are two main reasons why this authorization error may occur:
- Incorrect Apple ID Credentials – The Apple ID email or password entered is inaccurate. Double-check that you are using the right login info.
- Apple ID Verification Failed – Your credentials are correct but the verification process still failed, often due to enabled two-factor authentication.
No matter the exact reason, TikTok cannot authorize your Apple ID, preventing access to your TikTok account. Resolving this communication issue is key to regaining access.
Why Can’t I Access My TikTok Account?
If you are locked out of your TikTok account due to an “Unable to Authorize” error, here are some of the most common reasons why:
- Two-Factor Authentication Enabled – With 2FA on, just a password is not enough to authorize since TikTok expects an additional verification code.
- Outdated iOS Version – Old iOS software can prevent proper communication between TikTok’s app and Apple’s servers.
- Conflicting Apple IDs – If you use different Apple IDs on your iPhone vs TikTok, it confuses the authorization process.
- Connectivity Issues – Poor internet or weak cellular data signals can interrupt the Apple ID verification process.
- Server Outages – Temporary outages on Apple or TikTok’s server side may be preventing ID authorization.
- Incorrect Password – If you entered the wrong password, Apple cannot match it to authorize your access.
- Expired Apple ID – If your Apple ID account has lapsed, the authorization will fail.
Figuring out what is causing your particular “Unable to Authorize” problem is key to regaining access to your TikTok profile and content.
Why Can’t I Create A New TikTok Account?
Many users also encounter the frustrating “Unable to Authorize” error when attempting to create a brand new TikTok account using their Apple ID. There are several potential reasons for this:
- Age Restriction – TikTok requires users to be at least 13 years old. If Apple’s data shows you are underage, account creation will fail.
- Duplicate Account – TikTok may block new account generation if you already have an existing account in their system.
- Banned Apple ID – If your Apple ID has been banned, TikTok will not allow account creation with it.
- System Errors – Intermittent technical issues may temporarily cause authorization failures.
- Incorrect Info – Inaccurate data associated with your Apple ID can lead to verification issues.
- Parental Controls – If parental controls are enabled on the Apple ID, the account may be restricted from accessing TikTok.
Fixing the specific factor that is triggering the authorization error is crucial for successfully creating a new TikTok account using your Apple credentials.
How To Fix “Unable To Authorize” TikTok Errors
If you encounter persistent “Unable to Authorize” errors on TikTok, try these troubleshooting steps:
Double Check Your Apple ID Credentials
Make absolutely sure you are using the right email address and password associated with your Apple ID that is linked to your TikTok account. Incorrect credentials are a common cause of authorization failures.
Temporarily Disable Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication adds security but also complicates logging into TikTok. Try turning off 2FA on your Apple ID, then attempt accessing TikTok again. Re-enable it after.
Update Your iPhone/iPad Software
Outdated iOS versions can disrupt communication between TikTok and Apple servers. Install the latest iOS updates to maintain compatibility.
Restart Your iPhone/iPad
After an iOS update, restart your device. This ensures the software changes take full effect and clears any caching issues.
Switch From WiFi To Cellular Data
Connecting issues are a common cause of authorization problems. If on WiFi, try switching to cellular data instead to see if that resolves any network issues.
Clear The TikTok App Cache & Data
Corrupted app cache files may interfere with authorization. Clear TikTok’s cache/data through your device’s App Manager to eliminate this potential issue.
Use TikTok’s Account Recovery Process
If you cannot fix authorization issues on your current account, recover your TikTok profile through account recovery options by verifying your email or phone number.
Contact TikTok Customer Support
If the problem persists through all troubleshooting, reach out to TikTok’s customer support team for additional help identifying and resolving your specific authorization error.
Tips To Avoid TikTok Authorization Problems
Here are some tips to avoid commonly running into “Unable to Authorize” errors when accessing TikTok:
- Maintain up-to-date iOS software on your iPhone/iPad for maximum compatibility.
- Use a consistent, active Apple ID for both your device settings and TikTok account access.
- When enabling two-factor authentication, be ready to enter verification codes.
- Check for connectivity issues that may interrupt Apple ID authorization.
- Know your accurate Apple ID password or set up password recovery options.
- Proactively contact Apple or TikTok support if authorization fails repeatedly.
FAQs About TikTok Authorization Issues
Why is TikTok unable to authorize my login?
TikTok cannot authorize your login when communication fails between TikTok’s servers and Apple’s servers during the ID verification process. Causes include incorrect passwords, expired Apple IDs, two-factor authentication, or connectivity problems.
What does “unable to authorize” mean?
This error message means TikTok could not get confirmation from Apple that you are the legitimate owner of the Apple ID account you are trying to use to access TikTok. This prevents authorization and access.
Why am I not able to access TikTok?
If TikTok displays an “unable to authorize” error when you try to access your account, it’s because they cannot verify your Apple ID credentials with Apple’s servers. Fixes include updating iOS, resetting your password correctly, temporarily disabling two-factor authentication, and switching to better connectivity.
Why can’t I create a new TikTok account?
The “unable to authorize” error when trying to create a new TikTok account typically means TikTok can’t communicate with Apple servers to verify your Apple ID. Causes range from age restrictions to system errors. Fix the underlying issue or use a different Apple ID to create your account.
The frustrating “Unable to Authorize” error on TikTok can prevent account access but is fixable in most cases. By double-checking your Apple ID details, updating iOS software, trying different connectivity, clearing TikTok’s cached data, and contacting customer support, you can get TikTok working again quickly. With the right troubleshooting, you can overcome authorization errors and enjoy seamless access to TikTok.