TikTok has emerged as one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 1 billion monthly active users. The video-sharing app makes it easy for users to create and share short videos. One of TikTok’s standout features is the ability to repost videos originally created by other users.
Reposting on TikTok can be a great way to share content you love with your own followers. It allows you to participate in trends, while also supporting other creators on the platform.
Let’s dive in!
In this Article:
What Does Reposting Mean on TikTok?
The repost feature on TikTok allows users to share another user’s video to their own TikTok feed. Just like retweeting on Twitter or re-sharing a post on Facebook, reposting lets you instantly share content created by other users with your own followers.
When you repost a video, it appears on your followers’ For You pages but not on your profile. The original creator is always credited.
Reposting is different than downloading a video and re-uploading it yourself. With TikTok’s repost feature, you can instantly share videos without having to download, re-edit, or re-upload content.
Why Should You Repost Videos on TikTok?
Here are some of the key benefits of using TikTok’s repost feature:
- Discover new content: Reposting is a great way to find new videos and creators that align with your interests. You can browse trending sounds and hashtags to discover content to repost.
- Participate in trends: Spot a new dance or comedy trend taking off? Repost relevant videos to share the trend with your own followers.
- Support other creators: Reposting helps amplify and share great content. It’s a way to show love to creators you admire.
- Grow your audience: When you repost entertaining or informative content your own followers will enjoy, it can help expand your audience.
- Start conversations: Add your own caption or comment when reposting to share your perspective and start meaningful conversations.
The repost feature helps foster community on TikTok. It allows users to spread joy, discuss ideas, and discover new accounts to follow.
We have an article that also talks about How to Become a TikTok Live Moderator
Step-by-Step Guide On How to Repost on TikTok
Reposting a video on TikTok only takes a few simple steps:
1. Find a video to repost.
Launch the TikTok app and use search features like hashtags and sounds to find a video you want to share. Look for relevant, high-quality content from creators you want to support.
2. Tap the share icon.
When viewing the video, tap the arrow share icon on the bottom right. This opens up sharing options.
3. Select “Repost.”
In the share menu, tap the repost button at the top left. This is shaped like a curved arrow.
4. Add a comment (optional).
You can add text in the caption area to share your reaction or perspective before reposting.
5. Post the reposted video.
Tap the repost button at the bottom to instantly share the video to your followers’ For You pages.
And that’s it! The original video will now be shared with your followers along with the creator’s handle credited.
Tips for Reposting Success on TikTok
Here are some top tips to get the most out of TikTok’s repost feature:
- Repost consistently: Don’t just repost randomly. Aim to share quality content daily to keep your audience engaged.
- Use relevant hashtags: This helps surface your reposts and introduces you to a wider audience interested in those topics.
- Add value with your caption: Share your commentary rather than just reposting the video as is.
- Follow creators you repost: This helps build relationships with them.
- Check with creators first: If reposting very recent or popular content, it can be nice to ask the creator’s permission first.
- Use reposts alongside original content: Reposting works best when balanced with posting your own original videos.
Following these tips will lead to impactful reposts that delight your audience!
Frequently Asked Questions About Reposting on TikTok
Here are answers to some common questions about reposting TikTok videos:
How long do reposts stay up on TikTok?
Reposts remain on TikTok until the original video is deleted. If the original creator removes their video from TikTok, it will automatically remove your repost too.
Can you see who reposted your video on TikTok?
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to see exactly who has reposted your TikTok video. However, the creator can see the total number of times a video has been reposted.
Where do reposts appear on TikTok?
Reposts only appear on the reposter’s followers’ For You pages. Reposts do not show up on your own TikTok profile.
Can you delete or undo a repost?
Yes! If you change your mind after reposting a video, simply return to the original video and tap the share icon. Then tap “Remove repost” to undo it.
Is reposting videos on TikTok safe from copyright issues?
As long as you’re reposting from the original creator and giving them credit, reposting falls under fair use guidelines and is allowed by TikTok. Avoid downloading and re-uploading content.
The repost feature is an exciting way to discover new content, trends, and creators on TikTok. It allows you to express yourself and meaningfully engage your audience.
Use this guide to master the art of strategic reposting. Share the videos you love while also cultivating your own unique TikTok presence. With the right balance of reposts and original content, you can grow your audience and make an impact on TikTok.