Sometimes, you want to type the degree symbol, and it ends up being a challenging task because you do not know how to do it. It’s incredibly easy to type it and doesn’t require you to be a computer wizard. In this article, we will look at three methods you can type the degree symbol.
How to Type Degree Symbol
How to Type Degree Using Microsoft Word
If you use Microsoft Office Word to type most of your documents, this method will be good. Although the version of your office suite may differ from mine, but the general idea is the same.
Follow the steps below to type the degree symbol using Microsft Office Word.
- Open Microsoft Office Word.
- Open the document you want to type the degree sign in.
- Select the play you want to insert the degree symbol.
- Click on the Insert tab.
- Under the Insert tab, look at the right side of it and click on Symbols.
- When you click on symbols, you will see a dropdown box containing a list of characters. Click on More Symbols.
- The symbol window will appear. Look for the degree sign and click on it. 8. Click on insert for the degree symbol to be inserted in the selected area.
How to Type Degree Symbol Using Keyboard
Using the keyboard is the fastest way to type the Degree Symbol (°). The keyboard is too small to have a dedicated key for each character or symbol. Due to that, you need to combine keys in order to achieve this purpose. Now let us look at how to type the degree symbol below.
To type the degree symbol using your keyboard, you need to press and hold the ALT key and type 0176 on the numeric keys, and then you release the ALT key. Your degree symbol will appear.
If you are using a keyboard that does not have the numeric keys section, then you need to hold and press the ALT and Fn keys and then type 0176 on the numeric keys above the alphabet key. Then release both ALT and Fn keys.
How to Type Degree Symbol by Copying and Pasting
If you cannot do the above methods, you can also copy the degree symbol and paste it where you want to use it. You can copy it here °.
You can also search “Degree Symbol” on google.com. The symbol will appear in the search result. You can copy and paste it where you want.
Read Also: How To Make Emojis On Computer Keyboard
How to Type Degree Symbol on Android Phones
If you want to use your android smartphone to type the degree symbol, follow the steps below. You need to have GBoard, which is the default android keyboard from Google.
- Tap on where you want to insert the degree symbol.
- Your keyboard will appear on your screen. Tap on the ?123 (symbols and numbers) key.
- Tap on the =\< key.
- Now you can see the degree symbol ° among the symbols that will be displayed. Tap on it to add it to your document.