Hope you are wondering how to stop Facebook from announcing your birthday to friends. Facebook is a social media that connects us with friends and family. Facebook is doing a great job by bringing us together irrespective of your location. You may meet childhood friends and classmates on this platform.
Also, people advertise products and services, also meet new customers and clients on the platform.
Many times it is also annoying how Facebook publicize our private information. Although Facebook has given you the power to control your data. You have the ability to choose data you want to share with only friends, group or page members, only you or to the public.
Your birth date is required whenever you are signing up. This means you provide your birth date before you get access to use Facebook.
Many people also put in the wrong birth date, which is very serious and I will advise you to not fall for that as a way to prevent others from viewing your birthdate.
You may ask what is wrong with entering a fake birthdate? Well, there are a couple of problems; one is you may be asked to verify your account when your Facebook account is restricted or blocked and verification process when you want to advertise on Facebook (this applies to some selected categories).
On your birthday, friends and family send you some fun, motivations and different kind of wishes. Any random person on your friend list send you birthday wishes, which in some cases freezes your phone and you need time to thank or respond to all those messages.
To prevent Facebook from alerting all your friends that it’s your birthday then follow the steps below.
How to hide all your birth date from your Facebook friends on Facebook Web
- Go to https://facebook.com/, sign in if you are not already signed in.
- Click on your profile name located at the top right of the page.
- Below your profile picture and name, click on Edit Profile on the menu.
- From the page that will pop up, scroll to the bottom and click on Edit Your About Info.
- Scroll down and click on Contact and Basic Info located on the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to your birth date. Your birthdate consists of your day and month of birth.
- At the right end of your birthdate, you will see a globe icon, click on it and select Only me.
- You will notice, the globe icon will change to padlock.
- Following the about steps will stop Facebook from alerting your friends when it is your birthday.
How to hide all your birth date from your Facebook friends on Facebook App
- Open your Facebook if you have downloaded it already.
- Login to your account if you haven’t.
- Tap on your profile picture at the left side of the “What’s on your mind?” bar.
- Tap on Edit Public Details.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Edit Your About Info.
- At the right end of a section called Basic Info, click Edit.
- Below the birthday, select the audience as Only me instead of Public or Friends of friends.
- You have successfully hidden your birthday from others and no one will get a notification when it is your birthday.
Thank you so much for reading our blog, we hope this article was able to guide you to stop Facebook from announcing your birthday to others.
If you find this article helpful, don’t forget to share it with friends and family who may be interested.
If you are in doubt, you can leave a comment in the comment box for assistance. You can contribute also.