The ‘Just Watched’ feature on TikTok allows users to easily access their recent watch history and find videos they’ve previously enjoyed. However, sometimes this feature stops working properly, leaving users unable to retrieve their watch history.
If you’re facing issues with the TikTok ‘Just Watched’ feature, this comprehensive guide will help you troubleshoot and fix the problem.
In this Article:
Why ‘Just Watched’ Stops Working on TikTok
There could be several reasons why TikTok’s ‘Just Watched’ feature may stop functioning, including:
- Outdated app version – An outdated TikTok app misses bug fixes and new features. This can disrupt functions like ‘Just Watched’.
- Connectivity issues – An unstable internet connection hampers many TikTok features. ‘Just Watched’ relies on connectivity to display watch history.
- App glitches – Bugs and technical glitches also contribute to ‘Just Watched’ malfunctioning randomly.
- Account issues – In rare cases, specific problems with your TikTok account can also affect the watch history feature.
Easy Fixes to Troubleshoot ‘Just Watched’
Before trying extensive troubleshooting, attempt these simple fixes first to resolve ‘Just Watched’ issues:
Update the TikTok App
Install the latest version of TikTok on your device. Updated versions fix bugs and add improvements.
Restart the App
Force close TikTok and restart it. This refreshes the app and clears minor glitches.
Check Your Internet Connection
Ensure you have a stable internet connection. ‘Just Watched’ needs uninterrupted connectivity.
Clear TikTok Cache and Data
Wipe cached and temporary data which may be corrupted and cause issues.
Advanced Troubleshooting for ‘Just Watched’
If basic fixes don’t work, try these advanced troubleshooting steps:
Reinstall the TikTok App
Uninstall TikTok and do a clean reinstall. This erases any corrupt app files causing problems.
Try TikTok Lite
Install TikTok Lite and check if ‘Just Watched’ works there. The light version has fewer issues.
Contact TikTok Support
Reach out to TikTok’s customer support if the problem persists. They can diagnose account issues.
Access Your Data
Request your TikTok data download. It contains your complete watch history for reference.
Prevent ‘Just Watched’ From Malfunctioning Again
Apply these tips to avoid facing ‘Just Watched’ problems frequently:
- Keep TikTok updated to the latest version
- Use TikTok on a stable Wifi or cellular data connection
- Restart the app and your phone occasionally
- Limit excessive TikTok data usage which strains the app
- Clear cache/data routinely to remove buggy files
- Avoid questionable third-party mods that can disrupt app functions
Troubleshooting ‘Just Watched’: Final Tips
- Check TikTok’s server status for any ongoing outages before troubleshooting extensively.
- When contacting support, provide screenshots and detailed information to help them diagnose the issue.
- If your region restricts TikTok, try a reliable VPN service to access TikTok and ‘Just Watched’ freely.
- Stay patient and repeatedly attempt the fixes. ‘Just Watched’ should start working again soon.
The ‘Just Watched’ feature is a vital part of the TikTok experience. Use the solutions in this guide to quickly troubleshoot any issues you face with the feature. Follow the preventive steps as well to avoid dealing with a malfunctioning ‘Just Watched’ in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How do I enable ‘Just Watched’ on TikTok?
‘Just Watched’ is enabled by default for all users. If it’s missing, update the TikTok app or contact support.
Why does my TikTok watch history keep disappearing?
A faulty internet connection, outdated app, or app bugs can cause watch history to disappear. Troubleshoot as guided in the article.
How far back does TikTok ‘Just Watched’ history go?
TikTok ‘Just Watched’ history typically shows videos watched in the last 7 days. Older history is regularly cleared.
Can I delete a video from my TikTok ‘Just Watched’ history?
Yes, you can remove individual videos from ‘Just Watched’ by tapping the ‘X’ icon next to them.